Our client (a pharmaceutical manufacturer) based in the UK, had an urgent requirement to purchase a -45°C chiller with 150kW of duty. In order to meet the manufacturing campaign, timescales were a major issue.
The project goals were:
- 150kW of Duty at -45°C together with 200kW of Duty at -10°C
- Minimum amount of capital spend
- 10 Week period to design, build and commission the plant
Working with the customer, we provided a wide range of equipment from our stock of remanufactured equipment, including:
- 3 off J & E Hall HallScrew Compressors (2 operating in compound compression configuration, with 1 off “swing” machine)
- Horizontal oil separator and coalescing discharge filter
- Baltimore Aircoll evaporative condenser complete with liquid receiver
- Two off liquid chilling evaporator systems
- All controls, pipe work and electrical panels
As well as sourcing new items as required.
The plant was constructed onsite, and commissioned according to the customers program. Due to the high quality of the supplied equipment and associated installation, the plant has been running successfully for the past 5 years within nothing other than routine maintenance.